Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bandana Technique Baroque Motifs

Well one set that I will be sad to see go in the retirement list is Baroque Motifs, but I know that Stampin' Up! are going to bring out lots of lovely new stamp sets so I refuse to be sad about it! I did this technique a while ago at one of my classes and it's a simple combination emboss resist and detail work with the white gel pen.

So I started off by embossing whisper white card stock with Versamark and black embossing powder


Then using stamping sponges cut into wedges I sponged a third of the area with Poppy Parade


I repeated this with Peach Parfait to get even more coverage of the card stock


And then I added the final colour Daffodil Delight


Generally once I've finished sponging I wipe over the embossed areas with a dry tissue to remove any ink from the embossed areas to complete the emboss resist technique. Now to take it one step further to look like an indigenous bandana design I used the white gel pen to highlight the design by doodling over it - the pen goes over the embossed areas just fine as well as onto the sponged card stock.


Isn't that cute???? I love this as it's a combination of a few techniques to give a great result and no two cards are ever exactly the same! Here's a finished card with it - if they ever retire Teeny Tiny Sentiments I am going to be in trouble!!!


Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Versamark, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait & Daffodil Delight
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Modern Label punch, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, White gel pen, stamping sponges.


No comments:

Post a Comment