Monday, May 14, 2012

Autumn Days Scrapbook Double Layout

Well I found a load of scrapbook pages recently that I hadn't photographed so I will blog these over the next week or so - apologies if they use a few retired items as that's how long ago I made some of them! This layout is new as it's the one we did last week in class (see here for upcoming classes I have running). I wanted to keep the colours Autumny and also incorporate the new Pool Party seam binding ribbon from the Autumn-Winter mini catalogue.


I love the Timeless Type Junior alphabet! The centre panel above the die cut leaves was made using some patience and the stamp set French Foliage and a lot of sponging - I love making my own designer papers with stamps - so personal and unique. I also love the convenience of the Top Note die having a perforated decorative layer just inside the outside cut - makes it so easy to cut and layer with different colours, I also added some sponging to tie it in with the stamped designer paper. I am not sure if you can see it from the photograph or not, but I used a stylus (from the Simply Scored) and the base part of my Mat Pack and dry embossed veins onto each leaf after I had sponged the edges of each one, all the edge sponging was done in Soft Suede. Tip: I hold the leaves in place with Dotto whilst I finish my layout and then they can be easily removed when I add photos and re-stuck down permanently, but this way I don't lose any or forget which element was going where one the page!


The ribbon was done by running a line of adhesive over the strip of More Mustard card stock and then anchoring it behind before pleating it randomly with my fingers to form a decorative strip - I love how soft and shiny the seam binding is, so easy to work with.


Stamps: French Foliage
Ink: Soft Suede, More Mustard, Wild Wasabi
Card Stock: Pool Party, More Mustard, Spice Cake DSP (retired), Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, Top Note, Leaves #2 die, Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Dotto, sponges.




No comments:

Post a Comment