Saturday, January 7, 2012

What colours are hot in 2012

Okay so I'm no fashion diva, but I do check out what colours are in fashion mainly out of curiosity, but also so I can incorporate them into my crafting and lets face it with 50 colours in the the Stampin' Up! arsenal - some of them have to be "in" fashion! Although I confess to using some colours a lot more than others, not sure if that is just my colour comfort zone or colour preference or I'm just too lazy to challenge my self to move outside my comfort zone!

Having a read through some blogs and articles of late I found that the "hot" colours for 2012 are all bold, bright colours - definitely no shrinking violets or classic black this year! The top 10 Pantone fashion colours for 2012 look remarkably like Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder (?), Crumb Cake & Basic Gray (?).



Interesting how a fair number are in the "in" colour families - guess it means that Stampin' Up! definitely is keeping up with the trends! The only two I was a bit uncertain about was the Wisteria Wonder and Basic Gray - maybe because I keep seeing them as being closer to some retired colours or the colour calibration of my monitor might just be off!


So you can mix and match within the ten "in" colours or if you go to your Colour Coach you can check out what colours accent each of these ten "in" colours for 2012. Which are your favourite colours for 2012??




No comments:

Post a Comment