Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cheerful Treat Array of Sunshine

Goodness we really are in the middle of summer with such hot weather of late, I did make some time this week to take part in another challenge over at Craft Project Central and thought I'd combine their sketch challenge with a personal challenge/desire of using some stamps & papers that are new and I haven't made time to play with yet!

The sketch was this one.....


I'm not entirely sure if it was their use of pink on the sketch or what set my brain off, but this was my card:


I took the colours for the layout from the hostess DSP Cheerful Treat and the two stamp sets I used are also exclusive hostess ones (I am so loving the new hostess rewards - the choice is awesome). It took some fussy cutting and layering with Dimensionals to create more interest with the flowers and a bit of shine from the basic pearls didn't hurt either. I do apologise that the Melon Mambo ribbon I chose is now retired, but you could easily substitute it with the Melon Mambo scallop dots ribbon for a very similar effect and to be honest the scallop ribbon would probably suit this card better than what I have used!


Stamps: Array of Sunshine, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Card Stock: Concord Crush, Cheerful Treat, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette.
Ink: Melon Mambo, Concord Crush.
Accessories: Basic pearls, Polka Dot Melon Mambo grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. What a happy, cheerful card! I love how you did the bow and put the pearls on it! I've never done that before and will have to try it! Thanks for sharing your pretty card and joining our Creating Pretty Cards challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color combination. I thought you punched those flowers out. Just beautiful! And, I love how you layered them with dimensionals. The pearls on the bow are nice touch too. Thanks for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete