Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Scrapbook Layout 2011

I know I promised Christmas cards, but I just finished the scrapbook layout for Tuesdays class, so thought I would share that instead! There are still spots for the class if you want to come along - just let me know ASAP! I kept the layout fairly simple as for Christmas I think that the photographs are the most important element so they should dominate the space and journalling. 


I wanted to show off the new Silver Glimmer paper from the new Summer mini catalogue and added strips of it cut with the Tasteful Trim die, the new postage punch and the heel and toes of the stockings. The Baja Breeze circle that I cut with the Circle Scissors Plus to go inside the Scallop Circle Die for the year was 4" diameter. Extra journalling could be done in white gel pen on the Night of Navy card stock as well.


I chose not to title it with anything other than the year as I felt that the stockings hanging and the Christmas postage bauble stamp told the story better (as will the photographs - we got our first Santa photo today & it wasn't blue and silver!!!). I used the relief cut out of the Tasteful Trim die to border the DSP on this page as I didn't want to waste any of the gorgeous Silver Glimmer paper - did I ever tell you I was 1/4 Scottish!


I am not sure if you can see from the photographs (sorry taken at night so not the best), but each of the stocking tops have our names written on them - if you have a bigger family, then you can just add more stockings! I also added a few basic rhinestones on the stockings to add to the sparkle of the page. Most of the Baja Breeze will be covered by the photographs, but there will be enough left to give a slight contrast. The stockings are suspended by some white Bakers twine - how awesome is that stuff - 23m for just $4.95 - bargain of the year I say!

Stamps: Stitched Stockings, Merry & Type
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White. Regals DSP Patterns stack & Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Night of Navy (ink pad & marker)
Accessories: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Die, Scallop Circle Die, Square Scallop Die, Circle Scissors Plus, Junior Timeless Type Alphabet, White Bakers Twine, basic rhinestones, 1" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch, postage stamp punch, Stocking builder punch.


No comments:

Post a Comment