Saturday, November 19, 2011

Merry & Type Partial Embossing

This is a super cool and simple technique that has been on the web for a while, I honestly can't remember where I first saw it I'm thinking it was probably on Dawn O's blog? You simply take a piece of chipboard (available now as sheets to buy on page 155 #114320 which is awesome as they make great die cut shapes to embellish) and cut a shape you want to show up patterned - in this case a triangle shape. I then sticky taped it to the OUTSIDE of the embossing folder, placed the white card stock inside as per normal and left off the bottom standard pad and ran it through the embossing folder as normal. I tend to get better results with the crease pad as the top layer than the standard cutting pad - but that is my preference for what I have found works with my Big Shot best. 


The embossing folder I used for this card is on sale this month - so if you want to save yourself some money, contact me to place an order now.

Stamps Merry & Type
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Card Stock: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White & Regals Pattern Stack DSP
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Petals A Plenty textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Decorative label punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment