Thursday, December 1, 2011

ESAD Summer Mini Blog Hop





Welcome to the ESAD Summer mini catalogue blog hop, did you enjoying seeing what Kelly created here?

What is ESAD?

ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin Up demonstrators.

We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors, but we share our love for what we do with each other as demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-how, and cyberstamps, and we are always there to help and support each other when it is needed.

So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group.

I love the new Nautical Suite in the new mini catalogue. I've made three items with it, but have a lot more ideas so pop back anther time to see some other things made with it! I am also loving the new candy wrapper die, it's so cute, but if you cut it on the fold you get an extra long candy wrapper like the one below.


The stamp set used is from another new stamp set from the mini called Pretty Postage that has not one, but two co-ordinating punches! I love how the ends of the candy wrapper just stay shut.......I know what I'll be using to make our Christmas crackers with this year.

The next item is a card using the set Open Sea - such a gorgeous masculine set, I did this one using the Circle Scissors Plus to cut the circles and the word window punch to complete the ships wheel. The silver brads are from the main catalogue and are the mini ones. I've also used the new white bakers twine (I ordered all three of the colours of the new twine - but do you think I could find the red and white striped one today - I think I need to clean up my craft desk!). I masked and sponged the sky, then reversed masked  and did the sun as well. All the white highlights were just free hand drawn on with a white gel pen.


The last item I made was a sticky note holder is a super quick and practical gift to make and can be embellished to suit the occasion, in this instance I used the Open Sea set again. The dimensions of the cover are 7" x 3 3/8" (sorry I know that I am in a metric country but I use both imperial and metric measurements sometimes on the same projects!) then I scored at 3 3/8" from each end, folded and attached the pile of ~50 sticky notes with sticky strip - too easy! 


Your next stop on the blog hop is Jane who is doing something fantastic with the Pretty Postage set & punches (I love co-ordinating punches and stamp sets, don't you?), enjoy the journey!

9 comments:

  1. Wow Ann!! That brayering is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and box, love the nautical stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt Open Sea just devine? Thanx for sharing
    tess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the ship's wheel - what a great idea! thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Ann. Clever to extend the wrapper die like that. Room for even more chocolates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow that candy die looks great and i love those cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the Candy Wrapper Die idea!!! I think I definitely have to get that one :-)

    Awesome projects - Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice projects, Ann. I love these stamps and papers, too .... the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice projects Ann. I love The Open Sea set.

    ReplyDelete