Friday, June 24, 2011

Do Cupcakes Get Any Better Than This???

I first made this style cupcake last year, but of course promptly gave it away and forgot about it, until I was looking to make a super special gift voucher holder this week........



These are just so cute! It uses lots of gorgeous ribbon, paper punches flowers (Boho Blossom) and an awful lot of hot glue, but the results are fabulous. This one I also edged pieces with Crystal Effects and dusted with Dazzling Diamonds to make the entire thing sparkle.

I love making them and recipients love the way that the top comes off to reveal a gift voucher - either a commercial one or as in this case a custom made voucher. I took the colours for this one from the Elegant Soiree Designer Paper (Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake) and the greeting came from my super favourite birthday greetings set On Your Birthday.

Would you like to come and join in the fun and learn how to make this unique and very special gift card holder? I have a class coming up soon (click here for details via my Facebook page or here for my website calendar) which includes a cupcake gift holder similar to the above, a matching tag and card with envelope. Any questions please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment