Saturday, April 30, 2011

Strength & Hope Tri-Fold Card

There is a lovely new stamp set in the new Autumn-Winter mini catalogue on page 23 called Strength and Hope, Stampin' Up! is donating $2 from the purchase of this set (clear or wood mount) to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). The BCRF is dedicated to preventing breast cancer and finding a cure in our lifetime by funding clinical and translational research worldwide.  If you would like to purchase the set, get ideas for using it or earn it for free at a workshop contact me now to book a date!

I used it to make up another tri-fold card after my previous one worked out so well, but this time I took the colour scheme from the Elegant Soiree DSP (I do that frequently when I am stuck for colour schemes - go and look at the colours used in the designer papers and use those!).


I stamped the word image in the set multiple times to cover the Very Vanilla circle that I had cut with the Circle Scissors Plus. All of the flowers and pieces were sponged around the edges and I added basic rhinestones to the centre of the flowers (they work out so cheap - $9.50 for 150 rhinestones!!). Here's another view of it, so you can see the centre panel is plain Very Vanilla and stamped each end with the scroll/flourish from the set. If you want to make this card - I have a template in PDF form for the Australian standard size measurements so if you want a copy email me.


Stamps: Strength & Hope
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Elegant Soiree DSP, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze.
Ink: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Circle die, Little leaves die, Birds & Blooms, Corner rounder punch, paper snips, SNAIL, Victoria Crochet Trim, Hemp Twine, 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/16" hole punch, basic Rhinestones, Stamping sponges.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the colors you used! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete