Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elements of Style Tri-fold Card

I recently cut the base of a tri-fold card in Real Red card stock, then got time anemic and the base got put to one side and is currently buried under a pile of stuff with other UFOs (Un-Finished Objects) awaiting my attention. Then I saw a gorgeous tri-fold card Belinda N. made on an online SU demo site and in the same internet surfing session saw the latest Inkspiration colour challenge and got re-inspired to make one, (although I just went back to the site and realised whilst writing up the recipe for this card I used Regal Rose not Rose Red as my colour combination - dolt - can you tell I'm not a pink person and get easily confused!). Ohh well mistakes aside this was the result:


I really love this stamp set, Elements of Style, probably because I also love water colouring and Aqua Painters make this a really fast process to do. The circle scissors allows the perfect cutting of the centre piece for the die cut scallop circle as well, I thought about adding a second yellow layer in between the white and pink, but decided against it - was this a good thought?


I also love the distressed edges of the fancy flower (I just did this with my fingers not the distressing tool), the coloured card stock almost peels into layers to add extra depth and dimension to the card, the sponged edges also help though! Anyway the card has already been written in and is awaiting the post box in the morning - hope she likes it!


Stamps: Elements of Style
Ink: Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron
Card Stock: Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Whisper White, Newsprint DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Circle die. Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Little Leaves Embosslit, Basic Pearlsm Wild Wasabi double stitched 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retired), fancy flower XL punch, Boho Blossom punch, Stampin' Sponges, Tombow glue, SNAIL, corer rounder punch, 1" circle punch, linen thread, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/16" hole punch, paper snips. 

4 comments:

  1. I have yet to try one of these cards. Fabulously done and great colouring on the flower image. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tri-fold Ann. These cards always look amazing. Love your colouring & the distressing on the flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I just love your card!!! Its so
    beautiful, excellent effort!!

    ReplyDelete