Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lovely as a Tree Snow Scene

I recently had an interstate trip and whilst there we experienced some unseasonal weather - snow just 20 minutes away from where I was staying in October - unheard of! However it did remind me of the wintertime snow we used to get at Christmas when I was growing up in the northern hemisphere. So when I got back, I dug out one of my favourite stamp sets - Lovely As A Tree and made the following card........sadly the glitter in the trees didn't show up, fortunately I'm a paper crafter not a photographer!.



Stamps: Lovely As A Tree
Card stock: Night of Navy, Whisper White & White Gloss
Ink: Bashful Blue, Night of Navy & Black Stazon
Accessories: 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, embossing buddy, white wax crayon (non SU), stamping sponge, SNAIL.

It's actually a very simple and super fast technique, stamp the image with Stazon ink on the gloss card stock, use the white crayon to highlight bits of the trees and grass areas and then sponge over with the Bashful Blue ink. Add additional highlights to the tree with the glitter and then layer it up, stamp a greeting and you're done - a perfect card for mass production - what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment