Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trendy Tree Wreath CASE

Okay so I am counting down the hours now until the NEW 2010-2011 Stampin' Up! catalogue will be released - noon tomorrow - and as Christmas seems to be fast approaching I decided to distract myself by making some Christmas cards. I saw a nice card the other day here and knew I just had to CASE it (copy and share with everyone). So here's my super similar version of it:


Stamps: Trendy Trees, Baroque Motifs & Contempo Christmas
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red
Card stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive
Accessories: Stampin' sponges, paper snips, SNAIL, Stamp-a-ma-jig. Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, 2 way glue pen, Boho Blossoms punch.


As you can see from the close up, I have just stamped the tree and punched it out with the large Boho Blossom flower from the punch, sponged the edges and layered them into a circle (I used 15 tree florets to make my wreath). Then I stamped the smallest flower from Baroque Motifs five times, cut them out and glued them on top of the wreath and added a little bow. Between the layering and sponging it has a nice depth to the card, which is probably hard to see from my photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment