Thursday, July 8, 2010

Some Cottage Garden Creations

Hi - I thought I'd share some Cottage Garden creatiosn with you - on sale this month for 20% off - I must confess I have mainly used this set in the Pale Plum & Razzleberry colour combination to match the Cottage Garden Designer Series Paper, although I did branch out a little last week into So Saffron & Black after soem blog surfing and I really like this more dramatic colour combination.

The first two cards were photographed whilst still in the plastic sleeve (I keep the cards in plastic sleeves if I am using them at demos etc so people can handle them without the cards getting damaged) so the strip of razzleberry cardstock in the first and DSP in the second card looks as if it has ripples when it doesn't - it's just the light reflecting on the plastic! You also can't see from my dodgy photography, but the centres of the flowers are glittered and the large flowers are raised up on dimensional dots to give more depth and interest to the cards.


Stamps: Teeny Tiny Sentiments & Cottage Garden
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry & Cottage Garden Designer Series Paper
Inks: Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Basic Black
Accessories: Silver brads, paper piercer, SNAIL, Crystal Effects, Stampin' Dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig & Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.


Stamps: Cottage Garden
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pale Plum, Old Olive & Cottage Garden Designer Series Paper
Inks: Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry & Basic Black
Accessories: Silver brads, paper piercer, SNAIL, Crystal Effects, Stampin' Dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig & Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.


The ribbon on this favor box is held in place with a knot of hemp twine and then a pale plum butterfly stick on top to cover the knot. Each of the toffees inside is over-wrapped with a strip of Cottage Garden designer series paper.

Stamps: Vintage Vogue & Cottage Garden
Cardstock: Whisper White & Pale Plum
Inks: Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry & Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot with Fancy favor die, clear rhinestone brads, paper piercer, SNAIL, Crystal Effects, Stampin' Dimensionals & Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 1 3/4" circle punch, horizontal slot punch, hemp twine & Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon.
Non SU items: Werthers toffees & acetate.

This card was CASEd & altered from Danie May and I loved being able to get out of the purple colour combinations for this set!! The leaves are all punched with the new Two-Step Bird punch and if you are wondering when I get time to cut all my flowers - it's when I'm multi tasking and watching my son's swim  or  gym lesson. I keep metal pencil case tin with the stamped images and a pair of the super paper snips and just cut as many as I can between watching the children's exploits.........also a conversation starter in some instances which is never a bad thing when you are in the market for new customers!

Stamps: On Your Birthday & Cottage Garden
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Old Olive & Windsor Knot Designer Series Paper
Inks: So Saffron & Basic Black
Accessories: Gold brads, paper piercer, SNAIL, Crystal Effects, Stampin' Dimensionals, Photo Corners punch, two-step bird punch, stamp-a-ma-jig & Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

Okay so are you all inspired by the lovely Cottage Garden stamp set?? It really is a quite versatile set and I have used it a lot more than I ever thought I would when I first purchased it - now I just have my fingers crossed that it doesn't retire at the end of August!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, love the colour combination of this card, I agree the plum colours are the usual choice, so its nice to see something different. Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, I love the little fancy favour box, I might have to case that one for a hostess gift. Look forward to seeing you at the meeting and meeting your new recruit! congratulation by the way :-) lots of inky ones from Char xxx

    ReplyDelete