Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Calorie Free Cake!

I wanted to make a little token gift for one of my son's favourite carers at daycare as it was her birthday on Friday, always a challenge as you want to give them something that says I care, but not something that will clutter! Anyway I remember seeing a slice of cake made from card stock years ago - so I went hunting for the template - you have to love that about Google - don't you?? Anyway long story short my search came up with lots of choices, but in the end I settled on this one from Victorine Originals  (another great website for templates to print out is Mirkwood which I also has a cake slice box, so if you wanted to have a go at making something similar just have a Google first to see what's out there) so I printed it out and went to work......this was the result - what do you think? . I made up a little bag of chocolate sultanas to pop inside with a little gift tag & I'm not sure who was happier this morning - myself that a mental image came out almost identical in reality, my son as he got to give his carer a lovely present or the carer at the gift of chocolate!!!


I printed out the template onto normal printer paper and then cut and traced it onto the chocolate chip card stock. The Dazzling Diamonds glitter I applied with Crystal Effects over some of the swirls on the icing part of the cake, my personal preference is for Crystal Effects over the 2-way glue for this type of project as unlike a card, this is more likely to be handled more and thus the glitter needs to be stuck on better - if that makes sense? I sponged the edge of each flower petal, the greeting oval and the edge of the pink icing to add a bit more dimension.

Stamps: Crazy For Cupcakes & So Swirly jumbo wheel
Card stock: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Pretty in Pink & Chocolate Chip.
Accessories: Jumbo wheel handle, gold brad, paper piecer, scallop circle punch, large oval punch, scallop oval punch (still available to order even though it was in the Spring mini), Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, paper snips, Stampin' Sponge.
Gift bag: Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, scrap of Pink Pirouette card stock, chocolate chip ink Stampin' Write marker pen to colour in one of the cupcakes on the cupcake tower from Crazy For Cupcakes, 1/16" handheld hole punch, hemp twine & a small cellophane bag.

1 comment:

  1. Yummo Ann, this is a gorgeous gift and I'm not surprised that little man's carer was really pleased to accept this wonderful gift from you both. You've been busy with lots of great creating, I love the onesies too. Take care, lots of inky hugs from Char xx

    ReplyDelete