Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Birthday & cupcakes!


Well I've had the most wonderful week (apart from getting a stinking cold from my son that is!). On Wednesday evening we had our team meeting and my upline the very creative Charmaine gave me this wonderful birthday present - what a gorgeous surprise - see the yummy cup stamp - I have been covetting it since the new mini catalogue came out, but haven't yet purchased it so now not only did I get the stamp, but a super cute card made with it.



Of course the present also had yummy chocolates, a stunning mug and another stamp set that I have been covetting from the main catalogue Live Like You Mean It, all cellophaned together in a package adorned with the new soft suede polka dot ribbon - how lucky was I

I made some cupcakes to take along to the meeting as there was 4 birthdays spanning April-May in our little team so definitely worth celebrating and as the swap theme was "open" this month I decided to do one of the items that has been on my "to do" list for a couple of years!



Yes - little novelty cocktail stick things to pop on top of cupcakes or fruit platters! These were super simple to make, they just take a bit of time, but isn't that what advert breaks are for???

Stamps: Tart & Tangy
Ink: Real red, old olive, yoyo yellow, chocolate chip (stampin write marker)
Cardstock: Whisper white, Real red, old olive, yoyo yellow
Accessories: Scallop circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" punch, stampin' dimensionals, tombow glue & cocktail sticks (non SU!)

I was really happy with the result and am thinking that come summer I will be making these up on the ~15cm long kebab sticks as fruit sticks for the children or at BBQs or customising them with different images for birthdays etc.

Happy stamping

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment