Sunday, March 28, 2010

Four days left & faux buttons

I cannot believe there are only 4 days left of sale-a-bration & the summer mini catalogue! I am not sure about everyone else but I hardly feel as if I've had time to even properly sit down and use stamps from both catalogues yet - what a whirl wind everything is at the moment! Of course the one set I liked the least when I first saw it in the sale-a-bration catalogue - I now love the best of all of them all.

I was playing with some scrap cardstock about 3 weeks ago as I wanted a co-ordinating embellishment for a card, but the normal ribbon or brads just wasn't working. Then I remembered seeing faux buttons on Chic 'n Scratch and I did make them years ago, but had forgotten - funny how we're always looking for new things and sometimes forget the older techniques and tricks! Anyway here's what it involved

Materials: 1/2" circle punch (#104390) (or larger circle punch if you want larger buttons!); 1/16" handheld circle punch (#101227); 2-way glue pen (#100425); crystal effects (#101055); scrap pieces of cardstock in the colour you wish to make your buttons.

Start by punching two holes close together on your cardstock with your small handheld punch (this makes your button holes). Then cut out with your 1/2" circle punch, cut 3 more circles in the same cardstock. Glue a cardstock circle to yourone with button holes in it with the glue pen. Punch the button holes out again - this time it will cut through the second layer of cardstock - repeat for all four layers. Put a thin layer of crystal effects over the top and allow to dry - I leave mine overnight. Then they are ready to use on your projects - see super simple and a great television advert activity!



I used them on the below card as an accent and was pleased how they turned out (my photography sometimes leaves a bit to be desired!). I love this giraffe stamp - sadly it's in the Summer mini so we've only got it for another 4 days - but fingers crossed it will make a return in the next IB&C!



Stamps: Animal Stories & Hello Again
Cardstock: chocolate chip, whisper white, rose red & old olive
Ink: Pumpkin pie, so saffron & old olive
Accessories: crystal effects, snail adhesive, paper snips, stampin' sponge, hemp twine

Have a terrific weekend & hope you get time to get inky!

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment